Musical Memories Hexing Contest (WINNERS!)

Who captured the theme "Musical Memories" best? Choose 3

Poll ended at Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:53 pm

Angora's Barbie Girl Dali
No votes
Silverfish's Raver Kitties
7%
Dew's Disco Party Doodle
No votes
Alyssa's Lisa Frankicos
7%
Shenzai's Wearable Guitar
5%
Abby's 2000s Band Posters
No votes
Milktea's Glam Rock Kitty
5%
Amanda's Black Music Box
3%
Mazzew's Groovy Dane & Palette
7%
Megan's Disco Party Calico
12%
Shaina's Walkin On The Sun Dane
8%
Bailey's Clarinet Toy
8%
Helen's Childhood Albums Palette
3%
SWKManda's Heaven is a Place on Earth Dog & Album
24%
Moonpetal's Claws & Chords Calis
No votes
Buck's Baby Bizzy
10%

Total votes: 59

Celia
Admin
Admin

Re: Musical Memories Hexing Contest (closes 7/17)

Post by Celia »

extending this through the weekend! so closing on the evening of Sunday the 21st.

really great entries so far!!
xoops
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Re: Musical Memories Hexing Contest (closes 7/17)

Post by xoops »

At first I was trying to think of *my* childhood favorites, and then one of my kids fav shows came on and one of the characters was Marty the Party Cat - so I thought, we've got new palette colors, lets hex that!
This uses Mazzew's Neons2 palette and I tried to utilize the "new" transparency effect for the hair and the tail ball.
Shaina
Paperclip
Paperclip

Re: Musical Memories Hexing Contest (closes 7/21)

Post by Shaina »

this Dane was inspired by one of my first musical memories in the PC: visiting Christine'z Kennelz during the days of Petz II! <3 i remember the website used the Purple Shag wallpaper as a background and "Walkin' on the Sun" by Smash Mouth played in the browser as a MIDI. i went with a Great Dane as a base because Christine'z Kennelz had petz shows that visitors could judge via poll, and Danes back then were the most popular breed to show. ^^
Bailey
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by Bailey »

I played the clarinet throughout middle and high school growing up so I decided to hex a clarinet toy based off of the snake-charming flute. It has custom clarinet sounds that I was so excited to get to work properly! I also did my best to animate it to move back and forth while playing.

*disclaimer: not all petz like the clarinet :lol:

I don't have a website right now, but I'll add this to the server downloads if anyone is interested in having it!
Helen
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by Helen »

Some explanation is probably needed here, when I was little long before the days of spotify, my dad used to be quite the music pirate. Before torrents even, he would acquire music from shady folks on the internet.
This set of 5 CDs, which I still have, are the result of my making "songlists" for disney albums I wished existed, curated to my idea of which songs I liked best, my dad then torrented all the music for me and burned it to CDs, I made the covers myself, very likely in paint shop pro, they even have the song lists on the back but I didn't photograph that part, and my dad dutifully printed them and put them in the jewel cases for me.
Listening to these CDs on repeat is one of my fondest musical memories, so I made a palette based on their covers, and made some baby cali lynxes. Babies because I was only little myself, these two are no-grow, to show off the colours best.
SWKManda
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by SWKManda »

Vinyl Record Dog with "Heaven Is a Place on Earth" Belinda Carlisle Framed Record Toy
My entry is inspired by vinyl records, which is what is supposed to be on the dogs back (I hope I achieved the look of them with paintballs.) but I also had to include a toy to go along with it. This song is one of a few that reminds me of being a child playing petz, scrolling through websites like APKC and downloading all the toyz I could find! A musical memory very close to my heart. When hung on the wall the record will play a snippet of the midi version of the song “Heaven is a Place on Earth” by Belinda Carlisle.
Last edited by SWKManda on Sun Jul 21, 2024 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moonpetal
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by moonpetal »

Presenting my entry for the contest! The cat was created to match one of my babyz! They are called "claws & chords calis," a name that my husband made up. She has textures from both me and Hemopillia. The main texture is supposed to be a pattern of music notes and a music staff. I have also been a musician for most of my life. I started playing the alto saxophone when I was 10. It's something I still play for fun, and my son has picked up the instrument too! My whole childhood was basically music.
buck
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by buck »

I finally got my entry done! I knew I had to make myself a baby in the likeness of Deryck Whibley, the lead singer of Sum41.

He's got an alter ego that wears emo makeup, and I hexed his outfit special for this contest as well.
Enjoy my In Too Deep baby :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoC3PUBmhFs
Celia
Admin
Admin

Re: Musical Memories Hexing Contest (WINNERS!)

Post by Celia »

There were so many great entries for this contest!! But we have our top 3 placements:

@SWKManda's Heaven is a Place on Earth Dog & Album
@xoops's Disco Party Calico
@buck's Baby Bizzy

Each of you can request a hex from my archive or a bred litter from Harry! Just DM us on Discord.

And for everyone who entered hehe:
xoops
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Re: Musical Memories Hexing Contest (WINNERS!)

Post by xoops »

Ooh yay! Thank you so much and congrats to Manda and Buck! and everyone else who entered, all the entries were so good, I had a hard time picking my faves <33