Dew
18%

Total votes: 17

silverfish
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Hexstricted: WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by silverfish »

It's been a while since I've hosted a hexing contest... So here's a tough one to make up for lost time!

This is a restricted addball challenge where you will be required to use a specific number of addballs (and paintballs) as part of your hex.
Requirements:
- Your starting base must be an original breed (P5 included).
It's ok to use cleaned up or slightly modified files as long as they don't add or remove addballs versus the original.
- Any addballs the breed has by default MUST be used in some way; no omitting them (but you can repurpose or replace them).
Think carefully about your base - some breeds have extra addballs by default that you can play around with!
- Unomitting addballs is fine, omitting them is not.
- You MUST include exactly 10 additional addballs. No more, no less.
- You MUST include a TOTAL of 30 paintballs. No more, no less.
Paw pads are not included in this count.
If your base file has extra paintballs by default, you have to delete them.
- Everything else is fair game!
Omit/unomit base balls freely, move everything wherever you want, change the size of balls/addballs, use however many lines you like, use external textures etc.

I know this sounds kind of complicated so please feel free to ask questions, but essentially, open up your original file and count how many addballs it has by default. Add 10 to that number. It must have that total when you submit your entry and you must not have omitted any that were not already omitted in the base file.

For the paintballs, there must be 30 in total + optional paw pads.

Everything else is free to alter!

Deadline:
Entries are due by the 20th of July (extended from the 15th). Happy hexing!!

Judging:
All entrants will need to send me a copy of their hexed file (via discord) so I can check that the requirements have been met.
There will be two winners: one chosen by popular vote, and the other my personal favourite. If there are a lot of entries I may include extra winners.

Prizes:
Winners will choose a custom hexed pet from my archive or receive a coupon to claim from a future hex if you don't want to decide right now!
Last edited by silverfish on Sun Aug 04, 2024 10:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Celia
Admin
Admin

Re: Hexstricted: A Hexing Contest with a twist

Post by Celia »

Omg INCREDIBLE CHALLENGE!!
mazzew
Thumbtack
Thumbtack

Post by mazzew »

here is my entry: the mane coon! i used my 10 addballz to do a mane. i will send you the file over on discord shortly so you can have a look at it! thanks, this was a fun challenge!
xoops
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Post by xoops »

Here is my entry! A Raccoonshie!

Base: Oshie (obviously lol)
Addballs: 2 added to each ear and 6 for the cheek fluff.
Paintballs: 30 exactly on the body and face for the gradient! I had some trouble with this and first put too many then deleted some and had too few lol but I got it figured in the end haha
Dew
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by Dew »

I woke up INSPIRED this morning and then went to work

since the addball situation was limited, and the paintballs, i decided focus mostly on COLOR

So I built a cat with the 10 additional addballs and 30 paintballs (goodness I hope I counted correctly please check!) and used the color 85 in variation with textures in game and an external texture. The goal was to create a cat that could be fairlry easily moved around with palette play

The cat shown is all the same cat, it has one external texture and can be used with almost any palette where you like the color 85 (or swap the main color 85 for another texture swap color). Basically you can swap eye color, palette, and one texture VERY simply to get a million possible unique combinations :)
Shown in the following palettes by @mazzew @Celia @milktea @queenie @lunarlex
silverfish
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by silverfish »

Alright everyone!! Thank you to those who participated - now it's time to get voting! Poll ends in one week.
silverfish
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Re: Hexstricted: TIME TO VOTE!

Post by silverfish »

Oops sorry guys, I kind of forgot about this!!! Well, there was a tie... And I get to choose a winner as well... So how about everybody wins? Send me a DM to claim your prizes!
xoops
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Re: Hexstricted: WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Post by xoops »

Haha thank you Silverfish, and congrats everyone <33