🏆 Best of Breeders - Breeding contest!

nebula
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

🏆 Best of Breeders - Breeding contest!

Post by nebula »

Best of Breeders Contest

Take a break from Bazaar breeding, to breed some more!

We challenge each of you to put your best litters forward as part of the inaugural The Best of Breeders breeding contest, which aims to highlight the breeding efforts of our PL petzers and give an opportunity to appreciate the fruits of their hard work (and Prism's batch breeder).

The tentative cutoff date for entries is Wed 21st August AEST, after which voting for the People's Choice will open for 2 days.
🏆 The award ceremony will be held on Sun 24th August AEST, where judge's picks and winners for each category will be announced (and awards given out)!

We highly encourage donating these litters to future advents!
Feel free to message me with any questions you may have on discord (nymble #7600)

• Matching Set Award - Best Cohesion
    this breeder's litter demonstrates a pleasing cohesiveness, with a strong resemblance between siblings whilst also being adorable individually!
  • Lucky Dice Award - Best Variety
    this breeder's pair throws out varied & surprising offspring that don't necessarily bear a strong resemblance to each other, but are also wonderfully cute standalone!
  • Back to Basics Award - Best of OW Free
    wowee it’s GMO, paraben and OW free, this traditional litter is a stellar standout without being bred with any overwrites!
  • Simply Sentimental Award - Alternate Scoring
    this category honours the sentimentality behind this bred litter independent of their physical traits. perhaps they descend from some of your earliest naturally-raised petz? are they part of a difficult pb nib project you spent many hours on? tell us!
  • People’s Choice
    a survey form will be put up after the final cutoff, and after 2 day window of voting, the people's choice winner will be determined!
  • Judge's Picks - each judge has a unique ribbon that they can award to a personal favorite!

There are plenty of categories and opportunities to win something.
These awards stack, so participants can theoretically win multiple categories!

Helping me judge this contest are ...

Hexer extraordinare, Queenie @ Phantasmagoria,
The reknown prolific petz breeder, Becca @ Sungraze,
& our very own queen of goats, Hashbrown!

Our judges will determine the winners of the Best Cohesion, Best Variety, Best of OW-free and Simply Sentimental categories, and as individuals choose which litter to award their ribbon to as part of Judge’s Picks. People’s Choice, on the other hand, will be left up to a vote from which the judges are exempt.

• One litter submitted per member - can be either dogz or catz!
  • Litters must comprise of a minimum of 3 and maximum of 5 petz
  • To count as a litter, the submitted litter must share the same parents
  • Please submit offspring photos @ age 100
  • OWS allowed (though note, the litter cannot be considered for the OW free award category if used)

On top of the prestige of being named a Best of Breeders winner, each category winner will receive a
personalised trophy and a Best of Breeders winner ribbon.

+ A custom graphic award (similiar to the style of my sweepstake show graphics)
will also be created for each of the award winners featuring their litters!

For Judge’s Picks, each judge will have their own unique ribbon to award their favourite litter.
from left to right, the ribbons to be awarded belong to: myself, queenie, hash & sungraze

ImageImageImageImage

Please

Code: Select all

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Litter name:[/b] (optional)
[b]Names of the parents[/b]: Father x Mother
[b]Photo of parents[/b]: (individual, unedited pics please)
[b]Photo of the litter[/b] (3-5 petz): (individual, unedited pics @ age 100 please)
[b]OWS used (if any): [/b]
[b]About the litter[/b]: (optional, 100 words max)
You can include your favourite things about the litter, reiterate the physical characteristics that the litter possesses / you bred for (e.g double chest patch, certain coat markings and body combinations), the story/context behind the litter, etc. 
lilibet
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Re: 🏆 Best of Breeders - Breeding contest!

Post by lilibet »

i was ⚡ struck by inspiration

Username: lilibet
Litter name: snow white fluffians
Names of the parents: neige x blanche
Photo of parents: Image Image
Photo of the litter (3-5 petz): Image Image Image Image Image
OWS used (if any): queenie's relinezed catz: these have persian, chinchilla, siamese, bws, & oshie in them
About the litter: i wanted to make something pure white & fluffy to match.. something in babyz i am planning to hex 👀 this is a 4th gen NIB litter, project created just for this. they all have pure white fur with a little quirk/feature difference in each i wanted. #1 has pink eyes (top goal!), #2 has a hidden tail tip, #3 is the monochrome marvel, #4 carries secret dusty mutation AND bws markings (hidden gene), and #5 is smol with oshie shakes - and the only chinchilla scp in a family of persians.

thank you neb & all your cojudges for hosting this and making me feel so inspired! i can't WAIT to see all the other litters!
Witzy
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Post by Witzy »

Username: Witzy
Litter name: Those Bridgertons
Names of the parents: Depart x Cable
Photo of parents: Image
Photo of the litter (3-5 petz): Image
OWS used (if any): XXXtreme dali & lida's pittie on scottie
About the litter: I wanted to try to get a litter of pups that looked somewhat related, but had a lot of variety as well! SCPs of the pups are: Anthony (scottie scp), Daphne (poodle scp), Eloise (dachie scp), Francesca (dali scp), and Benedict (poodle scp). I'm really into the variety, but I like that the litter is also retaining some cohesion with all pups having black coats & white patches.

Couldn't resist making a litter graphic as well!

Helen
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by Helen »

Username: Helen
Litter name: Fluffy Monochrome Calis
Names of the parents: Obsidian x Chrome
Photo of parents:
ImageImage
Photo of the litter (3-5 petz):
ImageImageImageImageImage
OWS used (if any): None
About the litter: I started a new line for this, so they are g6 NIB. Both parents (and so all the kittens) carry all cali genetics in both slots except tail, where they have persian in both slots! They only carry BWS markings that show all three desired white patches, so all of their kittens have those, too! My aim was "monochrome calis with persian tails" because I was reminded that grey and blue are pretty together :)
Keena
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by Keena »

Username: Keena
Litter name: Oshynx Litter
Names of the parents: Erodus x Fran
Photo of parents:
Image Image
ImageImageImageImage
OWS used (if any): gyigs lynx, vikis siamese, silverfish's textured oshie, phantasms tabby plus

About the litter: I wanted to combine two of my favorite things, oshies and gyigs lynx markings! the litter is more colorful than the parents, with cute oshie eyes from both.
egg clicks much appreciated!

ImageImageImageImageImage
Celia
Admin
Admin

Post by Celia »

Username: Celia
Litter name: Herding Sturdies
Names of the parents: Wishing Well x Silk Road
Photo of parents: ImageImage
Photo of the litter (3-5 petz): ImageImageImageImageImage
OWS used (if any): None
About the litter: Sheepie coats were in my sturdy line early on, but were bred out in the pursuit of the ideal shape. So I took some time to breed them back in. This pair also carries new eye colors (130s, 171, and 100s). They breed true to standard and have double-black eye lids (which was a bit of pain since all my sheepie coated ones carried grey lids lol). I was also able to keep the red coat, which has been elusive to me personally hehe. Also: I am a big fan of minimal mutt patches, and I think the ones expressed here are really lovely.

mouse
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by mouse »

Username: mouse
Litter name: patchy blues
Names of the parents: Baron x Lemon
Photo of parents: Image Image
Photo of the litter Image Image Image Image Image
OWS used (if any): cargo patchy cali, mythic silence RB ow, cargo mc
About the litter: i wanted the most patchiest most colorfulest arbys i could get :)
Bailey
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by Bailey »

Username: Bailey
Names of the parents: Splotch x Imelda
Photo of parents:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Heartbeat - Blink - Sneeze - Giggle - Hiccup
OWS used (if any): no OWs used
About the litter:
I chose Imelda for her selfie eyelids and Splotch to complement the brown eyelids from Imelda and for one of my favorite markings, his alley spots without gray muzzle. I didn't intend for the slothy eyes to be so strong, but it turns out every kitten I chose from them has their slothy eyes too. Essentially, what I hoped to get from this pair was a lot like Hiccup who happened to be one of their first kittens. Sneeze has mutated white selfie eyelids and hidden chest patch, tail tip, and face blaze. Giggle has hidden alley spots.

xoops
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Post by xoops »

Username: xoops
Names of the parents: Void x Peace
Photo of parents:
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
OWS used (if any): None!
About the litter: I love that catz mix a little better than dogz with head swaps and such, so I wanted to focus on that aspect. I also really wanted to breed a litter that was special to me in some way, so I chose two of my UGCh catz that, between them, had 4 different cat heads in their genetics.
Last edited by xoops on Tue Aug 20, 2024 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
kathleen
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by kathleen »

Username: kathleen
Litter name: p5 coated velveteens
Names of the parents: Bluster x Kira
Photo of parents:
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

OWS used (if any): none!
About the litter: i've been working this month to combine p5 coats with velveteens and calis! this litter includes mau coats and japanese bobtail spotting as well as alley spotting on my favourite selective breed, velveteens! <3