petz speed runs - are they possible?

Everything Petz related: discussions, show off threads, breeding & hexing projects, etc. (Babyz & Oddballz welcome too!)
Celia
Admin
Admin

Re: petz speed runs - are they possible?

Post by Celia »

Ok those are actually good, Harry, you redeemed yourself.
mazzew
Thumbtack
Thumbtack

Post by mazzew »

these are great ideas for the upcoming petz speed run event. the p5 mini game one would be brutal because of all the repeats
Witzy
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Post by Witzy »

nena wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:30 pm Isn't PetzA with the batch breeding basically speed running a NIB line? Unless you are Witzy and want them all to be UGCH?
I just saw this, lmao.

Also, I love speed-running NIB projects. I think my fastest time getting a nice 5th gen NIB pet (a dodger mutt) was like 7 minutes or something. I got super lucky.
nena
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by nena »

Witzy wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:56 am
nena wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:30 pm Isn't PetzA with the batch breeding basically speed running a NIB line? Unless you are Witzy and want them all to be UGCH?
I just saw this, lmao.

Also, I love speed-running NIB projects. I think my fastest time getting a nice 5th gen NIB pet (a dodger mutt) was like 7 minutes or something. I got super lucky.
7 minutes :o That is insane lol I feel so bad that my NIB dalmatians aren't done yet now :lol:
Witzy
Shoe Lace
Shoe Lace

Post by Witzy »

To be fair, I got a pretty blue eye color right away, so I just breed enough pups to get to a 5th gen and that was it, so it was like: "adopt, breed 10, grab one, move on."

I would say it typically takes me about 30-60 minutes to get a 5th gen depending on how picky I'm being and how many breeds I'm incorporating.
silverfish
Twist Tie
Twist Tie

Post by silverfish »

Go to every playscene and do x set activity there. E.g. go to the clothes closet and put the lion costume on, go to the garden and grow 5 flowers, go to the snow scene and make 5 snowballs and destroy them, go to the beach and collect one washed up item etc I think that's most like 'normal' speed runs? Like each scene is kind of like a 'level' and you have to do one specific thing that maybe there are shortcuts for/ways you can prepare/orders you can do things in that cut time (like you pack the seeds while you're in the toy closet etc)
Celia
Admin
Admin

Post by Celia »

silverfish wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:02 am Go to every playscene and do x set activity there. ...
omg this is such a cute idea
mazzew
Thumbtack
Thumbtack

Post by mazzew »

will speed runs play a role in next event?